You are then responsible for the following:
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned (a receipt may be requested).
- Return the property in the same condition as when initially rented, with exception of minor wear and tear.
- Return all keys: house keys, mailbox keys, common area keys, and garage remotes.
- Remove all personal property, trash, etc.
- Supply forwarding address.
- A pre-move out inspection will be offered in accordance to California state law.
So you have an idea of what is normal wear and tear vs property damage:
- A few nails for hanging pictures is normal wear and tear, but large holes in walls is damage.
- Matted down carpet is normal wear and tear, but stained, ripped, or burned carpet is damage.
- Some small chipped painted on corners of walls is normal, but writing or stains is damage.
- Lightly scuffed floors is normal wear and tear, but ripped linoleum or cracked ceramic tile is damage.
- Worn or frayed draw strings on blinds is normal wear and tear, but missing or damaged slats is damage.